The two biggest things that travellers want, according to Airbnb, are a unique place to sleep and some sun.
Destinations like Belize, Turks and Caicos and Australia dominate the list of the company’s most coveted destinations.
Treehouses, meanwhile, top the list of most in demand properties. A cottage in B.C. made the list as well.
“Small is the new big,” reads a release from Airbnb.
“All 10 of the most wish-listed properties are not villas but rather tiny homes, treehouses, and cottages.”
The top 10 wish-listed property types are:
READ MORE: 5 unique accommodations to add to your travel bucket list
The top 10 cities with the most wish-listed homes are:
- Belize City, BelizeOkinawa, JapanSavannah, GeorgiaTurks and CaicosMendocino, CaliforniaKyoto, JapanSan Juan, Puerto RicoMargaret River, AustraliaJervis Bay, AustraliaTamarindo, Costa Rica
Airbnb’s top 10 most wish-listed properties are:
1. Secluded Intown Treehouse in Atlanta, Georgia
The tree house consists of 3 separate rooms, each connected by rope-bridges. Airbnb
The tree house consists of 3 separate rooms, each connected by rope-bridges.
2. The Seashell House ~ Casa Caracol in Mexico
3. Casa Barthel in Tuscany, Italy
4. Unique Cob Cottage in Mayne Island, BC, Canada
5. Aroma(n)tica TreehouseinMonferrato in San Salvatore Monferrato, Alessandria, Italy
6. Mushroom Dome Cabin in Aptos, CA
7. Pirates of the Caribbean Getaway in Topanga Canyon, CA
8. Balian Treehouse with private pool in Bali
9. Brand New Mini Loft in Rome, Italy
10. Off the Gridit House, in Pioneertown, CA
SOUND OFF: What’s the coolest place you’ve ever stayed? Let us know in the comments section below.
6 unique Airbnb listings around the world
Road trip! Your guide to uncover Canada’s hidden gems
2016 trends: What to expect in food, fitness, fashion and travel